The Group Executive Committee supports the Group Scout Leader and ensures the effective administration of the Scout Group.
It is responsible for:
• Maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment
• Raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance
• Insurance of persons, property and equipment
• Group public occasions – and ensuring the Group is well regarded in public
• Assisting with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support
• Establish any sub-Committees which may be required
• The appointment of co-opted Executive Members, Group Administrators and Group Advisers.
All members of the Group Exec. are volunteers, most are parents (or ex-parents) of young people in the group. They keep the Scout Group running smoothly behind the scenes – without them the group could not exist. We encourage all parents to attend the quarterly meetings, as you can make a real difference to your child’s experience of scouting!