Financial circumstances should not be a barrier to Scouting. Therefore, 2nd Penrith Scout Group is committed to providing financial support and subsidies to ensure that all young people, who are members of the group, have the opportunity take part in their sections activities.
Funding can only be give to future payments and events. Applications must be made at least 3 weeks before the payment is due, unless otherwise stated or in exceptional, unavoidable circumstances – in which case the sub-committee may choose to accept the application.
The financial inclusion fund can be used to give funds or subsidise:
- Membership subscriptions for the young person
- Fees for attendance by the young person at activities and events organised or attended by 2nd Penrith Scout Group, that take place within the UK, as part of their sections programme.
- Fees for attendance by the young person at activities and events organised by Eden District Scouts, at which 2nd Penrith Scout Group has been invited to attend, as part of their sections programme.
- Purchase of uniform for the young person
- Fees for attendance at a national scout event
The financial inclusion fund will NOT normally give funds or subsidise, unless specifically agreed by the Group Executive Committee:
- International activities or events
- Support those with additional needs to take part in scouting
The costs to the group are likely to exceed the funding needed. However, funding for these can provided at district, county or national level.
See our Full Policy here: Financial Inclusion Policy
Make an application: Financial Inclusion Application